Saturday, October 15, 2011

Testing...testing...1,2,3 ~ I WHHEEEIIINNN!

Whew!  I just completed my Live Performance Electrical Certificate (LPEC) exam and I passed!  Since having Marley, my brain has not ventured into the academic side of things and I studied for a couple weeks for this exam.  For folks that don't know what this is ~ it's through our Safety Authority ~ it's for people working in the theatre (and film) industry whether it's professional, community or education.  Since I teach drama (and therefore, teach students how to use lighting equipment) I am supposed to have this certification.  To even write the exam you have to put together a package showing your hours (which has to be a minimum of 800 hours working with lighting!) and then you get a login and a pass number to then write the exam online.  You have 75 minutes and 54 multiple choice questions ~ man was this exam hard!  Very specific and detailed ~ a lot of the content does not necessarily apply to what I do day and day and made me have to think back to my university training.  But I studied and got'er done!  So happy I passed and so happy I completed it!  Very handy thing to have on my resume!  Of course, I had to wait until Marley was sleeping to write it.  Which I did and I went through all of the questions and finished with literally a couple seconds to spare!  Then the computer tallies up your mark and tells you how you did ~ when it said Congratulations!  You passed on the screen I actually yelled out "I passed!" soon followed by a cry coming from the nursery ~ I accidentally woke Marley up:)  Sorry baby ~ Mommy was very excited!  She fell back to sleep after daddy went in and ssshhed her and now it's time to relax and watch a movie!  Hoping she will sleep another 13 and a half hours like she did last night!  Feeling super!

No comments:

Post a Comment