Monday, October 10, 2011

Dates, Food and Spa

It's Thanksgiving weekend and I am loving all of the turkey and ham dinners we are having!  Food just seems to taste better when someone else makes it:)  Paul and I had our first date night since Marley was born (8 MONTHS AGO!!!)  We got a babysitter (who rocked!) that we trust and feel very comfortable with so we never worried once while we were out.  We went to this wonderful comedy show ~ it was crazy how many folks I saw there that I had not seen in ages ~ pretty much since our daughter was born.  I guess that is what happens when you "hermit":)  As we were walking out of the show arm in arm Paul and I decided to pop over to the place we actually had our very first date.  It was funny because we sat in the exact same place we did 5 or so years ago.  It was fun reminiscing!  Of course Marley just slept for our babysitter so she had a pretty easy night (but I do think she wanted Mars to wake up so they could hang out!:)  Friday was low key.  We did a friend dinner on Saturday night which was super but it had to end early as Marley wasn't really in the party mood ~ party pooper!  It is always such a toss up whether we are going to be able to stay a short, medium or long amount of time now that we have a babe.  Sometimes we are just lucky to make it out of the house:)  Marley's "witching hour" is usually 5:00pm ~ it has been a while since the last nap but not exactly bedtime.  All I can do is try to make her happy so we try to go for a walk and then eat, bath, eat, bed:)  This night she was ready for bed before we even left the house!  But we made it and it was a great visit:)  Oh and did I mention the turkey and stuffing were to die for!  


Then yesterday I got to do something I never have done before!  I did a spa day (from 11am-3pm!) with a girlfriend!  I got a massage, a facial, a pedicure then a manicure!  It was very relaxing to say the least and it was nice to spend time with a friend that is moving away.  This was all thanks to my brother ~ I could not have spent that kind of money on myself now that we have Marley (just would have felt to guilty).  Of course when I got home I smudged up my manicure ~ nail polish is completely impractical when you have a baby!:)  So off it went and back to mommy hood I go ~ au natural nails and all:) We got to go to my mom-in-law's place for ham dinner ~ sooooo yummy!  That was a great day ended off with blueberry pie and Marley was so good even though we got her home late:)


Now today is a cleaning, getting groceries day (which I love!)  I pulled out the bassinet that Marley was in for a couple months when she first arrived.  It was tucked under the crib but we are going to drop the crib mattress platform down as Marley will probably be trying to escape any week now:)  I sat the bassinet in the living room and sat her in it.  It sort of looks like she is sitting in a boat ~ she just sat and played while mommy and daddy did chores ~ looking up every once and a while with a 4 chomper grin ~ then back down playing with her toys.  Very sweet!  And tonight we get ANOTHER yummy turkey dinner at my folk's place and then it's back to the same ole' routine:)


I am finding everything is much more fun when you have Marley around (and sure more work but that's fine with us).  I love watching her out and about, visiting, sharing stories with short grunts and big squeals, grabbing her toys and clapping them together, crying if someone gets right up in her face to quickly (she has the cutest cry face which makes me laugh), cuddling up to my shoulder when she's unsure<3  Can't wait for number two whenever that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment