Monday, March 18, 2013

I did it!


Great news!  I won the 60 Day Fitness Challenge that was hosted by my training facility ~ Excel Fitness http://excelfit.ca!  Since the start of January I have lost 23 pounds, 24 inches and 8.4% body fat.  I am so excited to keep going on my journey to reach my health & fitness goals.  It took a lot of hard work and will power to come this far and has become a lifestyle now.  I don't find the cravings, etc. like I used to have.  I am really focusing on the whole food is fuel thing and making sure I am putting wholesome, balanced, healthy things in my body.  My energy level is of course up and I fit into all my old jeans ~ most are even baggy now!  Here is a list of some of the biggest changes (that are so simple too!):
1.  Eat a very healthy breakfast ~ I like to alternate between smoothies, cereal with fruit and yogurt, peanut butter on rice cake with scrambled egg and fruit.
2.  Eat often to keep blood sugar up and keep cravings down ~ I eat about 5-6 smaller meals a day ~ whether it's some dried fruit and nuts for a snack or a banana ~ keep that food coming!
3.  Drink water (or no caffeine tea) CONSTANTLY ~ I have 2 awesome water bottles that are squeeze ones from lulu lemon that are always filled and kicking around my house.  My little girl and I are always sipping on water now!
4.  Take a multivitamin AND a PROBIOTIC ~ I have found that you really need to have a healthy digestive system to be healthy.
5.  Drink peppermint tea in the evening ~ I used to love snacking after dinner once the babies were in bed ~ now I sip on some yummy peppermint tea (which is AWESOME for digestion) before bed so my digestive system works efficiently while I sleep ~ less bloating, more regular, feel better
6.  Make dinner your last meal ~ if you have fuelled your body properly all day long I find that I am not hungry after dinner.  If you stop eating after dinner (or a minimum of 3 hours before bedtime) this gives your body a chance to do it's own little cleanse overnight!
7.  Work out EFFICIENTLY ~ I exercise many times a week ~ at least 6 times ~ most are hard core cardio and 1 or 2 are based on strength training.  My main goal is to cut the pounds, inches and body fate at this point and once I get to my magic number then I will probably pop up the strength classes.  You can do cardio every day ~ it doesn't have to be intense, almost puking, sweating like a pig cardio but move everyday!  You will never leave a workout regretting it but you will regret not doing doing it!  I love to really push myself and sweat a whole lot ~ this again acts as a mini cleanse and gets rid of toxins in your system.
8.  Cut our dairy and red meat ~ you can get calcium from SOOOO many other sources and protein and iron from sooooo many other sources that are easier for you to digest.  I do eat some cheese here or there but that's about it.  Almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk are all great "milk" alternatives!  Throw a portabello mushroom in your pasta sauce instead of beef!  Beans!
9.  Weigh in only once in a while ~ if you are concerned about the number, don't be!  It's all a journey! I weigh in Monday morning ~ before I eat but after I have nursed my 6 month old baby:)
10.  Rocks!  I filled a mason jar with rocks and every time I lose a pound I move it to the LOST jar!  It's is a good visual reminder of my goal and it feels so good to fill up my LOST jar!
11.  FOCUS on your fitness and eating great ~ I used to wear a lot of makeup and spend time doing my hair, etc.  That's NOT a bad thing but I have chosen to cut that down a ton and spend that time and energy on fitness and eating well.  Once I hit my goal then I will work at maintaining it but I can then spend time on the exterior beauty things:)  If you are skipping breakfast because you are doing hair and makeup STOP and go eat something! Go for a walk ~ you will feel so much better about yourself once you are not hiding behind those things:)
12.  TREAT YOURSELF PLAN ~ you don't need to cut out every treat, a dessert, a coffee, etc.  just make a plan ~ my plan is that I can have ONE treat ONCE a week.  My treat day is Sunday ~ I don't go crazy but I typically have my yummy piece of dark chocolate or a little piece of carrot cake.  Don't beat yourself up if you accidentally jumped off the wagon ~ just reset the next morning and start new!

Okay~I think that about covers what I am practicing right now:)  I will keep you posted on my future progress!
Transformation in 60 days!  Down 23lbs, 24 inches & 8.4% body fat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment